Thursday, April 11, 2013

Three Things Thursday

Blogging fell apart again (shocking) and so did my run streak (double shocking) but I'm getting up again.  I figure a random post is a good way to start!

1. Yesterday I signed up to run with Team in Training again for the Fall 2013 season!  This season I am training with our local team instead of doing a Flex team.  I am really looking forward to meeting my team and training and fundraising with them.  This year my goal is to raise MORE (I'd like to hit $4,000 this season) and go FURTHER.  "Further?!", you say....?

2.  That's right, I've signed up for a FULL marathon.  ACK.  I'm a little terrified.  And not only is it a full marathon, it's in San Francisco, land of hills!  I have read a lot about this event and know two things for sure (1) it is HARD and (2) it is AMAZING.  What event?  The Nike Women's Marathon, of course!  Will I see you there?



3. On a totally personal note, we are only one month away from our wedding!  I can't believe it.  I picked up my veil yesterday and now we have almost everything we need.  I can't wait!  We are having a very small wedding (just our parents) and are asking people to making charitable donations instead of giving gifts if they want to celebrate.  Two great options are Team in Training (obviously!) and The American's favourite charity, Child's Play.



Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to committing to a full marathon! I don't think I'm there yet, but it's been in the back of my brain for a bit. Maybe this fall. Or next year. Maybe.

    :)

    ReplyDelete