Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Run Streak

Thanks to all who commented on my last post!  It's nice to be welcomed back.

In the spirit of getting back into blogging, this weekend I promise to write a recap of the Tinker Bell Half Marathon (or as much as I remember of it anyway).  There will be pictures and stories of the race and my experience with Team in Training.

I also have a pair of Knucklelights to give away - more details on that soon!

But to the point of this post - the run streak!  Yesterday was day one of 30 days I am going to run in a row.  I am doing the Coach to 5k plan, starting in Week 3, as I haven't run regularly for a couple months and I want to ease back into it.  Yesterday was Week 3, Day 3 (I did the other two days already).  It felt great to get back to it!  I have plans for the rest of the run streak that include hotel treadmills.  I'm going to do this!

I also signed up for a personal trainer.  On the request form I had to write my goals.  I wrote:

"I want to run faster, be able to climb obstacles at the City Chase, and have arms like Michelle Obama."

Aim high, right?  More on that as I get started!

4 comments:

  1. Couch to 5K is great. I did that when I returned to running in 2006, after 7 years off, and I plan to use it again when I start running again after having my baby (I've taken my pregnancy off to recover from an injury and am hoping to resume running after she arrives!). Awesome goals for the personal trainer - I'd love Michelle Obama's arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your goals! :) I nominated you for a Liebster Award today...hope you have a chance to do it! Check it out at www.diaryofaneverydaygirl.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back!! Good luck with your goals, why make goals if you aren't going to aim high? Good luck with the wedding planning too. :-)

    ReplyDelete