Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What colour was your breakfast?

Sometimes you just need a light, silly and short post to start a short week that will feel long as we all head back to the grind!

Last night I made overnight oats to eat this morning.  I put the last of our frozen blueberries in the bottom of the dish, and when I stirred it all up the whole thing turned blue!  (Maybe purple?)  I figured it would be delicious either way and put it in the fridge.  I dreamed about it all night.  (That might be an exaggeration, but I was excited.)

Turns out my oats were not so delicious.  I think I put in too many oats.  The recipe called for equal parts oats, milk and yogurt, but it looked so runny!  I thought it was from the moisture from the melting blueberries so I threw in more oats.  I think that was a big error.  This morning my oats are kind of dry and pasty.  Sad.

Do you eat overnight oats?  What are your tips and favourite combos?

No comments:

Post a Comment