The race is part of the Starbucks Run for Women which raises funds for the Because I Am A Girl Ghana School Project.
Half a million children in Ghana have no place to go to school. This primary school in Ghana will have six classrooms, 80 students, teachers trained in gender equality, a school well, and, unlike most schools in the developing world, separate washrooms for boys and girls.
Because I Am A Girl believes:
- Girls have the right to be educated.
- Girls have the right to eat.
- Girls have the right to healthcare.
- Girls have the right to be treated with respect.
- Girls have the right to be safe.
- Girls have the right to pursue their dreams.
- Girls have the right to the same opportunities as their brothers.
Their goal is to engage one million girls, women – and all the people who matter to them – to raise money for projects such as clean water and food security, health care and education and livelihood initiatives, like micro finance.
Join the movement and make a difference today! I made a donation in honour of my mom as her Mother's Day gift. If you want to donate, please check out my donation page here.