Thursday, May 3, 2012

April Foodie Pen Pal Reveal - For Real!

I received an awesome package from my foodie pen pal this month, including lots of lovely tasty treats, from Jessica at Dairy Free Betty.

The package was based on her true loves (besides her husband) - sushi, chocolate and Bath and Body Works.  She said Lululemon was on the list too, but it's hard to pack!



She managed to package her husband in the box by including cloudberry jam, from Newfoundland where her husband is from.  I can't wait to try this out.  There were a couple recipes on the car that suggested using it in savoury dishes like with chicken.  Sounds yummy!


The hand cream from Bath and Body Works is White Citrus.  It smells amazing!  I took it to work and put it my desk drawer because my hands get so dry at the office.


She sent some dried seaweed that we might use to try and make sushi for the first time ever:


She sent some delicious looking chocolate that I might even share with The American if he is nice, since he loves dark chocolate:


Lastly, she sent some coconut butter, which I have always wanted to try.  Only thing is, I'm not sure how to go about eating it!  I am thinking on toast or a bagel?  How do you eat coconut butter?


I haven't had a chance to eat the treats yet, but I can't wait!  I think I will eat some of the chocolate after dinner tonight.

If you want to join the Foodie Pen Pals program, check out my original reveal post for more info.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Looks like a great gift package.

    I use coconut butter for lots of things - try googling! It is so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it!! :)

    You can use coconut butter on anything!! It's pretty tasty stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! just came across your blog- love it!!

    the bakeapple jam stood out to me, i am from newfoundland!! personally, I am not a huge fan of bakeapples, but it is certainly a signature island berry :) (and labrador...lol)

    i will def be reading your blog regularly, i am a runner too- LOVE running :)

    ReplyDelete