This month I participated in the Foodie Penpals program run by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean. What is this program, you ask? Here's some info from Lindsay:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. There is a program in the UK as well.
Now you may be wondering what I received this month, since it is the 30th! Unfortunately, due to my own scheduling, my reveal post will not be up until I return from my holidays later this week. My buddy mailed my package in time but it didn't arrive by the time I left on April 22nd, so you (and I!) will have to wait! Stay tuned!
If you want to see what I sent my buddy, visit Kyla at Kitchen of Ky and if you want to see what my sender received, visit Jessica at Dairy Free Betty!
Update: my package arrived but I am still on holidays. The American opened it for me via webcam and I can tell you now that it's pretty awesome! I will write more when I can take pictures and get exact details.