Monday, March 12, 2012

Training Plan: TO Women's Half Marathon

And now for something completely different... My training plan for the TO Women's Half Marathon, as it stands right now.


I can't say I'm 100% committed to this plan yet because I've included speed and strength workouts that I'm not sure about yet.  Ideally I would like to get in some strength training using the New Rules of Lifting for Women and some speed work as well to decrease my time from the Princess Half.  However, I am not sure if I want to pay for another gym membership or where I could use a track in the city (suggestions from locals on that one are more than welcome!)

I know I definitely want to run at least three times every week, ideally four, and I want to do something else other than running too.  If not the NROLFW workouts, I might start hanging out with Jillian Michaels again.  I have done The 30 Day Shred before and it was pretty good.

You'll notice a big gap in Week 8 - my mom, sister and I are taking a trip to Europe together (side note: I can't wait!) so I'm not putting anything in that week other than dreams of running in the streets of Europe if we can squeeze it in.  I based my schedule on a Hal Higdon plan and I think I will be okay with bumping around some of the LSD distances to accommodate a week off.

Mostly I'm just hoping that I haven't aimed too high by scheduling another half marathon so soon after my first, and that my success at the Princess Half wasn't just a fluke.

Here's to logging some serious miles in some warmer weather.  I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment