Wednesday, February 22, 2012

And we're off!


It seems almost impossible to believe!  We're leaving in just a few minutes to catch our flight to Florida, where I will be running my first half marathon!

As we cleaned out the fridge I saw my training plan on it and thought about all the runs that I've done and how far I've come.  I can't believe how much time has passed and how many kilometres I've covered since I first stuck that training plan to the fridge.  And I thought about how hard I worked and how ready I am for this - taper madness and phantom pains be gone!  I am ready for this!

I will try and post from Florida either here or on Twitter if I am able to get some data for my phone (roaming outside of Canada = big dollars) or some time on my parents' computer.  If not, I will see you on the other side of this great big awesome thing called the Disney Princess Half Marathon!!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! Enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time in Florida and wishing you well at your race. Will be looking forward to the recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip and the race.

    ReplyDelete