Thursday, January 12, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. Our costumes for the Princess Half Marathon are coming together!  My sister is going to be Ariel and I am going to be Rapunzel.  We have sparkly skirts from Team Sparkle and sparkly arm warmers from Run Pretty Far.  I'm thinking of our costumes more as "running interpretations" of the characters because we're not going all out with tutus and tiaras - just mimicking colour schemes really.  We both need tank tops - mine doesn't fit as well as I'd like - so I'm going on a mission next weekend at the Lululemon Warehouse Sale.
Source: Team Sparkle
I'm also not doing the giant wig and flowers thing for Rapunzel.  I was so relieved when I watched the movie and she has short brown hair at the end.  I can do that!

2. Speaking of the Princess Half Marathon, we finally booked our flights last night.  We are heading in to Orlando the Wednesday before the race and leaving the following Saturday.  Plenty of time to relax, visit with family, and check out Disney World.  I also want to go back to Universal Studios again so we can see the Harry Potter section, which was being built last time we were there.  I hear its fantastic.


3. I didn't get my run in on Tuesday because my hip was feeling... off.  When I stepped or leaned on my right side it hurt.  I did some yoga and some foam rolling, knowing I would see my chiropractor on Wednesday.  She made me cry worked her magic and although there was some lingering soreness today, but the end of the day the pain was almost gone.  I got 5.1 km in on the treadmill in about 41 minutes.  I went with the treadmill because it is snowing like crazy out right now.  The time might be a little off because I hit the stop button around minute 26.  I was bored out of my mind so I increased the speed on each song for three songs, then went down three, then up again.  Then I foam rolled and stretched like crazy before trudging home in the aforementioned snow.

If you haven't yet, please check out my post on Sherry Arnold, a missing runner in Sidney, Montana and take a moment to think about your own safety, to say a prayer/wish for Sherry and her family, and to make a call if you have any information.  You can also read Beth's latest post here.

7 comments:

  1. Playing weird counting games and playing with the speed like that is the ONLY way I get through treadmill runs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking outside I think I have another treadmill run coming my way today. Hope it's better by the weekend because if I have to do 15 km on a treadmill it ain't gonna be pretty.

      Delete
  2. I saw a Rapunzel at the half on Saturday at Disney and she was just wearing matching colors and I could tell it was her. I loved it! I have thought about dressing as Ariel as I have a green Team Sparkle skirt.

    I am jealous of your long trip to Florida. We only stayed 4 days. Have fun and I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are really lucky to have family in the area, including my snowbird parents, which lets us stay longer. If we had to pay for a hotel we'd be there for only a few nights I bet.

      Delete
  3. I wish I was running this race this year, but I did the WDW marathon on Sunday and don't have the travel time. The costume sounds great, but you may want to get a T-shirt or something warmer. I did the race 2 years ago and since you start really early, it didn't get much above 50. They also moved it from March to Feb, so it will likely be even colder. I lived in Orlando for about 8 years and is normally cold in the mornings that time of year. The highs don't come til 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to wear a tank top and arm warmers so I hope my upper body will be okay after I get going? My upper body tends to warm up pretty fast, especially my hands. For the bottom I'm wearing capri length tights under my sparkle skirt. I'm also going to get some "throw away" clothes for the start. I'll definitely keep in mind that it won't be super hot. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I loved Tangled! I'm sure you'll outfit will be adorable :)

    ReplyDelete