Saturday, November 19, 2011

A busy weekend...

This weekend The American is out of town visiting friends while I stay behind to get a pile of work done.   I'm drinking my coffee right now in my panamas, putting off getting ready to head out the door to the office and trying to decide what sort of running gear to pack for my afternoon run.  With sunlight for about 10 hours every day, it's important to get my runs in while I can because I really dislike running in the dark alone!

I will probably spend most of today and tomorrow in my office, desperately trying to tick all the things off my to do list while I still have the chance.  Some of it I'm looking forward to, other things I really wish I could somehow assign to someone else.  But the beauty of being self-employed is that there is no one else for me to assign it to.  So I'll head in soon in my comfy pants, turn up my music and start getting through the pile.

In the meantime, I have running on the brain because Amy at Pumpkin to Princess reminded us all yesterday that there are only 100 days left to the Disney Princess Half Marathon!  And that was as of yesterday!  I only have 99 days left to go from 5km regular runs to being able to complete 21.1km.  I'm begin to wonder how I thought this was a good idea.  Stay tuned for a panic-filled post about my plans for the next 99 days.  I got 99 days...

3 comments:

  1. Sit down and make a plan for the next 99 days.

    Lots of time if you do it!

    And I hope you enjoy your fruitful weekend of work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this. I slept in this morning and didn't go for the morning run I had planned. So then I was like "ah well, forget it, I'll run tomorrow." But you just inspired me. I'm doing it this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @happyorhunger I needed to read your comment, because I hadn't been out running yet and was going to not go. As soon as I read your comment I put on my tights and got out the door!

    ReplyDelete