Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Catch-up

Hello friends!

I cannot deny that I've been neglecting this little corner of my world.  I've only been running 1-2 times per week and I don't feel like I'm challenging myself because I'm still taking care of myself, so I don't feel like I have that much to say.  But after a weekend in a city that was hosting an amazing marathon (that I wasn't running in) and some lovely fall weather, I can feel my running energy coming back and I'm excited to plan for my half marathon training.

For now, I have several random things for you...


A while ago I won some Larabars from Jayme at Runner-n-Spice and they were delicious!  I didn't really care for the lemon one but the remainder were so tasty.  I especially loved the chocolate chip cookie dough flavoured bar.  


And today I won a Sparkly Soul headband from Christy at My Dirt Road Anthem.  I've been so lucky lately that I should probably share the love and host another giveaway soon.  


I recently got in touch with the fine folks at Clif Bar and they sent me some delicious Luna Bars to try as well as some Shot Bloks which I have not had a chance to try yet.  My favourite Luna Bar is the lemon, which I didn't see coming because usually I don't like super tart things (like the lemon Larabar).  I will be doing a full review of the products they sent me soon.


I didn't know much about the Boston Marathon before I started running and reading other people's blogs.  Now I see these jackets EVERYWHERE.  They really inspire me to get going and challenge myself.  This weekend I decided that I need to decide (I know, very circular) whether I want to someday run a full marathon and someday after that try and BQ.  I don't know if it's something that is in my future.  More to come on that I'm certain!

And this weekend we were in Toronto for something other than the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon.  I had some time and they were offering a free shuttle to the Health and Fitness Expo so I hopped on the subway and then the school bus and checked out what was on offer.  The Expo was at the Exhibition grounds, which I've never actually been in.  I've always driven past the beautiful gates from the highway and wanted to go inside.


It was a pretty miserable day yesterday weather wise, as you can see.  Today it definitely improved and I'm glad the runners had good weather.

I could have dropped a lot of money there but managed to only spend a little bit on a couple tubes of nuun.  I've been itching to try it and haven't found any in town except an old box of kola flavour.  I might not have been looking hard enough though, as I found this at the Running Room display at the Expo.  I already tried the tri-berry and it is delicious!  I'm so glad I found this stuff.



And then because I couldn't resist I checked out the Run Disney booth to get a preview of the 2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon medal.  It's beautiful!  I can't wait to wear it around my neck and say "I ran a half marathon!"


I think I'm going to strap on my shoes and go for a bit of a run.  Sunday is my "long slow distance" run day on my training schedule, but as I'm not yet doing "long" runs until my knees are a little better, I'm concentrating on the "slow" part as I have a lot to learn about pacing in my training!  More on that later as well as I fine tune my schedule for the next four months.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Sparkly win!!
    New follower!!!

    " Runners make the best friends "

    Karma Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KarmaKristin - Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually stick to chocolate Lara and Luna bars - I didn't know they made them in lemon - I'll have to try them.

    ReplyDelete