Monday, October 24, 2011

Race this weekend! TO Women's Run 5k

Despite being benched, more or less, I am signed up for a race this weekend and plan to follow through.  I am running the 5k race at the TO Women's Run on Saturday morning.

I'm looking forward to running the same race/route that I PR'ed on back in August of this year.  I was hoping to run with my girlfriends again this time around, but due to life getting in the way I'll be running with blog and Twitter friends instead!  My girlfriends and I are making plans for next year already though and I'm looking forward to that a lot.  :-)

I haven't thought a lot about my goals yet because up until a day or two ago I wasn't 100% sure that I would be running this race.  Life is getting in the way for me too, and that combined with my sore knee/ankle had made me question whether driving to Toronto to run a 5k is really the best idea right now. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that a race is exactly what I need right now.

I need to re-charge and reset and get excited about running again.  I also want one final race to close out this year before I start my half-marathon training over the winter.  I may not PR this weekend (though I would love to!) but I will have the chance to cross a starting line, wear my bib, get a t-shirt and medal for my collection, and cheer myself across the finish.  This race isn't about getting the best time, but having the best time.  It's all about me.

(That being said, stay tuned for my ABC goals!)

Will you be at the TO Women's Run this weekend?  Want to meet up and say hello?


Do you try and PR at every race or do have races where you just run for the sake of crossing a finish line?


1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to PR this week-end. PR for me though is anything under 39 minutes.

    ReplyDelete