Sunday, September 18, 2011

Say It, Do It: Zoo Run Edition!

If you’re new to SIDI here’s some info: At the beginning of each week on Fit Chick in the City “Say it, Do it” is a chance for everyone to commit to their workouts for the week by saying them out loud and keeping each other accountable.

This week's Say It, Do It is all about running my first 10k this coming Saturday!  It's hard to believe the last week of my current training plan is already here.

Last week I said I would do three runs - two easy, short training runs and the Army Run.  I ended up only doing one training run and the Army Run because my first training run was a little tough and I was sore.  I wanted to rest and save my energy for the Army Run rather than pushing through another short training run.  (Did I kick butt at the Army Run?  Yes!  More details to come in my race report.)



My training plan this week calls for two training runs and then my 10k race.


I am really hoping to fit in both my training runs this week.  The first will be an easy long run and the second will just be a chance to shake my legs out before the race on Saturday.  Chances are that the second one may be less than 5km and I am okay with that.

I am committing to at the very least doing one long, easy training run and the race.  Ideally I will do both my training runs though.

This week in SIDI, Jess also reviewed a Champion workout bra and asked "What's your favourite sports bra?"  My favourite right now is my Lululemon Deep V Bra (check this site for a review), which they have stopped making.  (Sad face.)  Good thing I have two!



(Image source.)

I came across this bra by chance when a friend picked one up for me at an outlet.  I loved it so much I immediately bought another.  At the time I wasn't working out a lot (basically just using the elliptical at the campus gym a few times a week).  Now I wear them for all my runs and still love them. I don't have a particularly large chest so it works well for me.

Dear Lululemon: Please bring back the Deep V Bra!  I saw a Deep V Tank on the website today that gives me some hope... Please?

1 comment: