Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Say It, Do It: Three weeks to go!

As of today, there are 12 days until my next 5k and 18 days until my first 10k race ever.  (It seemed like a good idea at the time to sign up for two races in one week!)

As far as "doing it" last week, I only got in two runs when I said I would do four.  One was a sluggish 4km and the other was a pretty awesome 9km.  I did 10/1 run/walk breaks for both runs.

My training last week.
I've realized that I am way to quick to give in to do something else - anything else - when I should be running.  I make excuses way to readily.  I'm going to try and be better at getting out there and to hold myself accountable for my excuses and laziness.  Being lazy for a 5k or even a 10k is one thing - I really need to focus on my running if I'm going to complete a half marathon!  I have signed up for a half marathon clinic and I think that will help loads in this area.

For this week, I am committing to four runs - three 5km runs and one long run, which will be seven 10:1 intervals.

This week's schedule. Click to see it bigger!
One of these runs is already done - and it was awesome!  Hurrah!

I have re-vamped my training schedule for the next three weeks to focus on doing one long run each week, gradually increasing the number of run/walk intervals I do until I hit 10km (should be this week but at the latest next week).  I am planning to run more or less every second day until my 10km race, with some scheduled rest around both my 5k and 10k races.

This week I am going to NOT be a lazy bum and I am NOT going to make excuses.  I am going to get out there in this lovely weather and do three more runs!

In this week's Say It, Do It, Jess also asks "if you could have any job in the world, what would it be?"  For me, assuming I would be able to get steady work and steady money, I would be a professional stage manager at somewhere like the Stratford Festival.  I did a lot of volunteer work as a stage manager in university and was very involved in theatre in high school as well.  I loved it and miss it so much some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment