Thursday, September 22, 2011

Oasis Zoo Run 10k: Goals

I'm going to the zoo, zoo, zoo
How about you, you, you?
You can come too, too, too!
We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!

I remember hearing about this race when running was still just a distant nightmare for me.  It's almost here now and I'm getting a little less scared and little more excited.  Your comments on my previous post helped (and I'm sure the bottle of wine we drank with dinner tonight is helping too).

Here are my goals for this race...

C: Finish upright and smiling, no matter how long it takes me or even how I get there.

B: Maintain a decent pace and do run/walk intervals (10/1) throughout the whole 10km.

A: Finish in under 1:20.  Based on my longest training run to date, when I hit 10km at just under 1:15, I know this is possible.

A+: Finish in under 1:10.  If I have an awesome run, and maintain a pace of similar to my 5k during the running parts, I think I can do this?  This is a big dream so I'm not going to be worried if I don't hit this one.

And no matter what, I know I'm going to get a personal best because it's my first 10k ever!  (Thanks for the reminder, Stacking Pennies!)

See you at the starting line and again at the finish!

Good luck to everyone else running in the zoo run or whatever races you may find yourself in this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to surprise yourself I bet, it's amazing what race adrenaline can do! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete