Monday, August 22, 2011

Say it, do it!

Tomorrow is the first say of my second week of training for my first 10k race!

Inspired by Run, Courtney, Run and Fit Chick in the City, I am going to post my plans for my training each week to make myself accountable.  The idea is that f you tell your readers that is what you are gonna do, then you are more likely to do it.  I already have my training schedule on our fridge, which helps The American keep me accountable, but it doesn't hurt to have one more tool to keep me on track!

So... This week, I will run three times (two training runs and one 5k race).  

My training schedule calls for two 50 minute long runs with three 15:1 run/walk intervals.  I am undecided as to whether I will do the 15:1s or stick with the 10:1s and make my runs longer.  I really want to make sure I work up to 10km before my race, and I with 15:1s I will only add 5 minutes of running time. I would ideally like to add at least 1km to my runs this week, which I could do by adding one more 10:1 interval.  At the same time, I am worried about increasing my running time as well.  Any thoughts or advice?

My last run of the week will be the 5k race at the TO Women's Run this Saturday.  I am very pumped for this race, because it is my first race since Ottawa Race Weekend and I will be running with friends from university.  Maybe I will see some of you there!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog! Looks like you have a great plan for the week :)

    ReplyDelete